After last week's cookie recipe, I had all but decided to throw in the towel on baking cookies. I thought NOTHING was going to beat those CHEWY, DELICIOUS spice cookies.
What started out as a recipe of Cowboy Cookie something or other, quickly turned into this scrumptious heaven. Salty and sweet, chewy yet crunchy and oozing with white chocolate each bite. Subtle hints of peanut butter and coconut in the background made this cookie just absolutely perfect.
The first bite screamed, "Oh, YES. GOING ON THE BLOG!"
Yesterday, Shayna and I had a little bake party. She's getting married and her bachelorette party is this weekend and we're looking forward to being really healthy fatties! We've got Himalayan Salted White Chocolate Cashew Cookies, Turmeric Balls, some Coconut cookies gone wrong and Homemade protein bars for the road. I love recreating or just creating in general, healthy sweet treats. Read almost any blog post of mine and somewhere in it I disclose my hatred for sugar. So, getting to create something that tastes good but has NO processed sugar poses a challenge that I love taking on!
These cookies are HEALTHY. They aren't loaded with honey, maple syrup, stevia, truvia or any other sweetener that is basically... sugar. They've got a few white chocolate chips in them to give that BURST of flavor, but other than that, they are completely clean.
They passed the flavor test by the mouths of Shayna and Tess, but have yet to pass the kid test. If you make these with your kids, leave a comment letting me know what their sweet little taste buds think! But only if it's a good review! Just kidding :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix coconut oil, peanut butter, mashed banana, almond milk, egg, and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the remaining: oats, coconut flakes, baking soda, cinnamon, himalayan salt, cashews and white chocolate chips.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients into larger bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon cookie mixture onto greased baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 TBSP Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Himalayan Salt
- 1/3 Cup Cashews Chopped
- 1/3 Cup White Chocolate Chips