My sweet tooth strikes again! Luckily, I can't be tempted by ice cream, oreos, cake, or candy because I don't keep it in the house AND I have a 5 month old and make it my mission to avoid leaving the house (first time mom and extremely slow to getting the hang of things!). Not to mention, I'm partaking in the Arbonne 30 Day Healthy Living Challenge and I'm pretty sure all the above is frowned upon during a detox. Click Here for more information on that!
So, left to my own devices, I opened every cabinet in the kitchen and put on my creative thinking cap. I just knew I needed peanut butter. And oats. I always try to add protein to everything to feel better about eating it. And so... No Bake Protein Peanut Butter Oat Bars was born. Sounds DELICIOUS. And. They. Are. In fact, I had one as a snack just this morning as my breakfast was cooking.. not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.
Prep/Cook Time: 10 minutes
- On the stovetop melt together peanut butter and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flax, protein powder.
- Once peanut butter and coconut oil are melted, add in dry ingredients and mix together.
- Put into baking pan (9x13in) and put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 pieces and store in freezer!
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Arbonne Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
These really are delicious and fulfill any sweet craving that I have. Part of becoming healthy, losing weight, and keeping it off, is finding healthy alternatives to all the things you love! It takes 10 minutes and it is about a million times healthier than any candy bar. The good thing is, before long, you won't even miss Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cups.